My Lovely Supporters

15 Aug 2010

Something Special Times Two

The first something special is happening over at Paperworks Co Blog there is a special Summer Challenge with an animal theme it is running from 15th to 18th August.  The something special is that the challenge comes in four parts, one theme for each day, and is open to teams of four.  That means one person from the team as their own project to do then the PWCO DT choose the best of each project to be shown on the blog for people to vote for.  The winning team will get an amazing prize.  If I have not explained it so you can understand please pop over and have a look.
I am in the Chi Chi Memories Team and I was given the sketch below to work with and is the challenge for 15th August.   
Here is my card that I created.  The shape I managed to do myself with a bit of perseverance a few hot flushes and biting of the lips lol.  I wanted something a bit softer in colour so chose this colour theme.  I have used an image from the fabulous new set of digi images from Chi Chi Memories this one is called Always by Your Side and features Freddie the Elephant and Little Ted.  I have added some flowers, ribbon and sentiment I actually flipped the sketch to fit the image. 
Digi Stamp Set Available HERE

SOMETHING SPECIAL NO: 2

Today there is a new Animal Challenge starting at 
Stamping Vacation the theme is 'Animals with Beaks'
This is my first DT card and I have used a wonderful happy image from Delicious Doodles.  I had my eye on this one for so long after seeing cards made by Teri, who is the owner of DD,  I was so inspired and fell in love with this little duo.
I have coloured them with promarkers and layered them three times for extra impact.  I used SU bp, card candy and a Die Cut Heart which I found while sorting through my stash.  I added some wired edged ribbon and decided to make a couple of flowers with the left overs I used brads for the centres, I also added some card candy, the little tag I got recently in the sale from Craftwork Cards.
This is showing a side view of the three layers.
A closer look at the love birds.
If you have never visited Stamping Vacation then I can recommend this challenge blog as it is so different from any other that I have found.
There is a new challenge each day and you have a month to complete your project, the challenges are listed in date order in the left hand sidebar and you will see the closing dates, there is so much choice and no pressure you also get entered into the monthly $25 draw.
If you pay a visit and become a follower can you please leave a comment to let Denise know that I sent you.

I am also entering this into the following Challenge:


Phew a mega post for me, I always think that I am going to make a mistake and get it all wrong but I really hope you have enjoyed yourself looking at my work I do hope you come join us at Stamping Vacation Challenges and maybe vote for the Chi Chi Team on 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th.
I wish you all the best and enjoy the rest of your weekend I am sending you all hugs and see you later.

30 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun these are just wonderful,the teams are so lucky to have you on board,you always produce such wonderful creations,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Annette Bowes said...

Cute first card, love the subtle colours. Love the owl card just spotted it over at the Stamping Vacation, congratulations on you new DT position, take careX:)

Doreen said...

Wow Lorraine theses are stunning,You have done the team proud and they should be glad to have you.xxx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Saw your intro. on Stamping Vacation....so nice to be on the same team!!
-Stacie

eiyiyi said...

Love both cards, Lorraine. As always, your coloring is perfect. Beautiful work! hugs, eileen

brenda said...

Hi Lorraine

I'm still on my mad catch up from my holidays, seems to be taking me forever. Mind you not helped by new puppy muts, not the brightest idea right on the back of our hols.

Had a quick catch up on your work, super work as always.

Hope all is well with you.

B x

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww two gorgeous cards, luv the shape of the top one, fabulous images, sue,x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh Lorraine, these are gorgeous! Love your shaped card and the little owls are so cute! I've only just discovered Stamping Vacation ... wow, there's enough challenges there to keep me going day and night!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, these owls are so sweet Loarraine and the heart is gorgeous. Hope you are well
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Lorraine, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment. Love your owls. Great card for the first Design team card.

CraftyC said...

These are beautiful Lorraine, love the papers on the 1st card!
Clairexx

dstandard said...

Oh these are just adorable! Love your little critters!

Stef H said...

how nice to come home and see a note from you and then to see these gorgeous creations! wowza!

it's good to be home and thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. things went really well and hubby has his closure.

back to norm tomorrow - yayyyy!

hugs :)

Merry said...

Wonderful card Lorraine...love those owls. I also will enjoy being on the team with you. :-)

Annie said...

a couple of fabulous cards - love the cute owls! and love the unusual shape on the first one too.
hugs, annie x

Lisa said...

Hi Lorraine, Beautiful cards! Love the shape of the first card and the sweet image. How cute are the owls on the second card!

Lisa x

Jules said...

Hi Lorraine

Two lovely makes.

I love the shape of your first one and the owls on your second (plus those ribbon flowers are fab).

Always calmed by your music when I visit!!

Love Jules xx

Spyder said...

Both these caes are sooo cute, love the designs and all your added bits!! Lovely cards
(Lyn)

Teri said...

Fabulous hun! Love both these cards. Brilliant job with my little Owls - have snagged this one for my gallery!
Hope you are keeping well hun? Thank you for your kind words.
Hugs,
Teri x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lorraine two fabulous cards love the elephant and those gorgeous owls they are stunning.
I just wanted to let you know that Ive left you an award on my blog. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Lorraine.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Heather said...

Lovely cards! Your DT's are lucky to have you!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

oh my goodness... both cards are absolutely adorable! I love your creativity! Awesome job!!!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Hi Lorraine,
Those owls are the cutest EVER! Oh and the elephant gosh way too cute!
Hugs Bonnie

Nikbee said...

Gorgeous cards Lorraine. I love the cute owls.

Nikki x

kim.mom said...

SSSOOO CUTE!!! LOVE those flowers!

Lia said...

beautiful and stunning cards Lorraine I love all the papers and stamps
hugs lia

Davi said...

Two fab cards, lots of wowzer details, dps, images. Both of them are winners for sure!!

Emma said...

Both so gorgeous and such adorable images.
Hugs Emma x

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

HI THERE

Hi today my card features an image that I got from Cuddly Buddly many moons ago I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir and Graphic markers ...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020