My Lovely Supporters

5 Nov 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Today I have this card to show you which is my QKR Stampede DT card.  I have used this gorgeous bear image, available HERE, which made me think of the poem below, it has been a favourite of mine for so long.
The image I have coloured with Copics and mounted onto blue card, the bp is Elusive Images, also mounted onto blue card, I added a strip of the same blue card across the centre topped by a ribbon, I also added flowers, gems and some holly and sentiment.
Here is the poem

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.


The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below.
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tinny reindeer.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St Nick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name!



"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! on, on Donner and Blitzen!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"

There are more verses to this but I thought I would just have a few.

For more views and information on QKR Stampede the just click HERE.

23 comments:

Debs said...

Hi Lorraine
This is gorgeous and the image is sooooooooooooo cute.
Have a fab day.
Debs xx

Teri said...

Cute card hun. Love the blue and white combo.
Hope you are well, have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

Beautiful Lorraine, love that bear and the colours you have used.
Have a great weekend
Chris x

Doreen said...

This is stunning Lorraine, I love the image,and wow the backing paper is yummy.xxx

Vicky said...

WOW...this is soooo cute I love the image its gorgeous & a fab touch with the bobble on the end of his hat. I used to read this poem to my kids every night on the week leading up to crimbo when they were little, they loved it. Hope you have a fab weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

AWW I love that bear, so awesome, great blue card, really love what you did!!!

Hope your feeling fine, having a great week!
have fun and take care!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is adorable Lorraine.
Ann x

Wishcraft said...

Great card - cute image and love the papers :o) Lisa x

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one gorgoues card love that image,and the detail as ever is just first class hugs cheryl xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Teddy, thats one fabulous card, love those papers they are gorgeous and your colouring is stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx love that ribbon to.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet Xmas card! I love the flowers and the non-tradional Xmas colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine!! WOW! What a sweet image!! I adore the colors and fabby layout!! Looking forward to working with you at Whimsy!! HUGS

Jacee said...

Super card Lorraine, sweet image and you have coloured it beautifully.

coops said...

gorgeous card lorraine.the image is adorable and i love your colours and fab paper.the poem is great, thanks for sharing :D

xx coops xx

Casper said...

Awwwww soooo cute, Lorraine!

I had a cuddly toy mouse that I was given as a prezzie years ago, it had a candy stripe hat on & that little poem "all through the house" was attached to a tag on it's ear! Sooo cute!

What a cute touch & a memory booster.

Santa is coming yipppeeee

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Casper said...

OOOOps!

Hee hee

I must just like posting as I forgot to add this!

Yes I had a little shopping spree but not an expensive one, I had a list this time & just got a few bits I knew I needed!

My chest infection is clearing up, get them every year just a total disruption!

Thank you so much for your concern & good wishes.

How are you, has your chest infection cleared up?

It takes weeks to get back to normal!But you will do it,nothing can keep us crafters down eh?

Take care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Davi said...

What a cutie image he is all in his nightshirt :) I love the ribbon in the center and the way you put the holly makes the candle look as if its glowing. ;) Very pretty!!

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Lorraine! Lovely image and I love all the shades of blue! Gorgeous DP too and great poem, thank you for sharing:-)! Have a great weekend! Hugs Delphine xx PS: Love your blue blog background

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lorraine,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card Lorraine. I love the colours and the sweet image.

Nikki x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sweetheart Ive left you something on my blog I do so hope you will accept it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute. Lovely to see you back in the swing of things and you haven't lost your touch.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Oh, this is my favorite Christmas poem as well and I am so glad it's getting close to that time of year where I can read it to the kids (we usually read this and then from the Bible the birth of Jesus).

This is an adorable image and totally says "The Night Before Christmas"

Janet

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

HI THERE

Hi today my card features an image that I got from Cuddly Buddly many moons ago I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir and Graphic markers ...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020