My Lovely Supporters

10 Apr 2011

Creative Inspirations Challenge #57

 Hi all our new bi-weekly challenge at Creative Inspirations starts today and this week Cheryl's theme is
Anything Easter, 

We have two wonderful sponsors for this challenge
Simon Says who is our regular monthly sponsor


  Photobucket
and 
Whiff of Joy

   Sponsor
Here is my DT project


I decided that I wanted to make an Easter Bonnet but I also wanted to use it as a hanging display and this is what I came up with.
The first picture shows the hanger in it's entirety
I had thought about this project for some time, I wanted to make my very own bonnet from scratch and thought of the ways I could do it.  I have made an Easter Bonnet before about six years ago for my sister, it was different to this one but it still hangs in her living room to this day.
It has been awhile since I got the urge to create something like this so I do hope that you will like it.
My first job was to create the template I used circles and a tool that I bought several weeks ago, a Hot Glue Gun, I love it, wish I had bought one a lot sooner.
Once I had my circles I put them together to make the base for me to work on
I wanted to make some of my own flowers so I used my Dimension Fourth flower stamp and flourish.  I used SU Rich Rassleberry ink.
I stamped 12 flowers cut them out and put them together.  I used raffia ribbon around the middle of the hat and adhered my four large flowers to the front.
I found some nice dark pink binding sort of ribbon and glued that to the top of the hat circle, from there I used many flowers that I bought from Wild Orchid  
I did not want just the bonnet but also an image that was suitable for Easter and found this Penny Black Slapstick stamp which I stamped with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink then coloured with Copics.  I used the Nestie No 4 label die to cut her out, I inked around the frame with Versamagic Pink ink for a soft effect, I also cut the same size label with SU Rassleberry card and adhered to the back of the image for strength. 
Once I had the image ready I used my crop a dile to punch a hole in the brim of the hat, fixed an eyelet then threaded through this wide gold ribbon, I adhered the image, I also used the same ribbon to make a large bow for the back of my bonnet, then added some gold hat pins. 
Finally I used the same SU Rassleberry card to die cut two butterflies which I glued to the hat and top if the hanger ribbon. 


I would also like to enter this Easter/Spring project into the following challenges

Wow this has been a long post for me but I hope that you have enjoyed seeing what I have made and maybe I have given you a little inspiration, for even more please pay a visit to the other DT their work is brilliant.
I hope that we will see you all at our Creative Inspirations Easter challenge.
Bye for now see you very soon
Hugs

40 comments:

Laney said...

oooh Lorraine hun this is a work of art!! I'm lovin all those gorgeous flowers
hugs
laney

cheryl said...

oh hun,when i saw this on,our blog,it totally blew me away this is just stunning,amazing work hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

Debbie said...

this is just FANTASTIC!!!! Loved it as soon as I saw it..Great Easter Project

Hugs
Debbie

Unknown said...

Lorraine this is gorgeous love the bonnett a beautiful creation the flowers are beautiful colours.
Chris x

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH,

This is phenomenal!!!

The bonnet is so awesome, and loving all those flowers!!!

You should feel so proud about this, is seriously fabulous!!!!

Sharon said...

Wow, this hat is a bouquet of flowers! So pretty. Your Tilda tag is nicely coloured too.
Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up easter challenge.
Stamping Hugs,
Sharon G

Autumn said...

One again, beautiful Lorraine!! I love everything about this!! Spectacular!!
xxAutumn

Deb said...

oh this is so adorable, love your bonnet and what a sweet image to go with it!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

brenda said...

What an fabulous piece of artwork Lorraine.

Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts Challenge this week, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

uksharon said...

Fabulous - beautifully done.
Thanks for joining us at LIIU this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Deb said...

WOW lorraine you've really got a gorgeous creation, your variety of flowers and colors are magnificent
Debs
xxx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie wow this is a stunner it must of took you soooo long to do it all but sooooo worth it. Love the flowers especially your handmade ones. This really is beautiful!!! WOWWWWWWWWW

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Linda . J said...

WOW WOW WOW this is stunning Lorraine
what a fantastic work of art, you are so talented, love everthing about
Hugs L;#inda.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!! This is so so stunning!! I adore the hat with all of the flowers and what a creative project!! Awesome job girl!! TFS!! Smiles, Vicki

Wishcraft said...

Oh WOW Lorraine!!! This is just amazing, a beautiful creation :o) Lisa x

Unknown said...

OMG Lorraine, stunning, stunning creation, love the image and all those flowers wow. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Your project is so beautiful - anyone would love this hang this pretty piece up. Wow is all I can say. Glad I stopped by your blog to see this beauty.

coops said...

oh my word!!!! this is an absolute work of art lorraine!!
your bonnet is fantastic and all those beautiful flowers are just gorgeous.love the fab image and butterfly and stunning colours.
i love it :D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh wowzer this is totally stunning, beautiful embelies on ya hat, gorgeous creation hun, sue,x

Tracey said...

Wow this is stunning Lorraine!
Have a great week :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Riet said...

So wonderful Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Fleur said...

Oh this is so beautiful. gorgeous colours
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cor* said...

Lorraine this is fan-didily-tastic! A perfect bonnet with wonderful butterflies and a cute image to match! So many flowers!! I could just fall into them! Thanks so much for showing us your easter creation at LIIU this week! Good luck! PS- Want to be featured on LIIU? check out the top of the challenge blog for the link on how to apply!

Emma said...

Wow so beautiful Lorraine, love the colours and details.
Hugs Emma x

Shirl said...

Tooo cute for words love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Camilla said...

This is totally amazing, Lorrainel.
Thank you for joining Sarah Hurley challange.

Have a good week.

Camilla

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Stunning hun!!

Deanne :)

Linda said...

Wow beautiful creations. So pretty for spring.

jaine drake said...

Hi Lorraine this is such a wonderful idea. What alot of work you've put in. Beautiful.

Kath Stewart said...

wow wow wow lorraine...a work of art indeed.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Mary Lou said...

Goodness Gracious Lorraine~~this is unbelieveably gorgeous!!!! Love the bonnet and exquisite detail!!!
Those butterflies are THE BEST!!!!!
Hope you are having a lovely day :)
Hugz and blessings and thanks for your wonderful sweet visits :)

marsha said...

WOW!!! Your Easter bonnet is stunning Lorraine! I am picking my jaw up off the floor as I post!
Hugs,
Marsha

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW!!!

This is one of the most awesome projects I have EVER seen....! Its' absolutely STUNNING!!!

Love it !!
Hugs,
Lis

Pauline C said...

Wow Lorraine this is absolutely stunning - totally amazing. So much detail - it's wonderful. Thanks for joining in this week at the PBSC
Pauline x

Zulma said...

Wow! very pretty project. Love the color como and butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at 2SC this week, hope to see you next time.
Zulma DT

Jane said...

This is so gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane x

Unknown said...

Totally gorgeous project Lorraine, Stunning, thank you for sharing with us over at Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog, good luck! Jo xxx

Ceal said...

Lorraine this is BEAUTIFUL!!!

mckinkle said...

Oh my, Lorraine what a beautiful Easter bonnet you have created!

Im not surprised your Sister still has hers up as it shows so much love has gone into it!

Thank you for joining in with our Ribbons for Easter challenge this week over at Delicious Doodles!

Keryn :) x

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

those flowers and butterflies are stunning-thanks for playing along with us at sarah hurley challenges :)

sarabeth

I was published May Issue 2014

I was published May Issue 2014
Making Cards Mag Page 75

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Blog Archive

Guest Designer

Guest Designer
July - Oct 2021

Now a full DT member CCK

Now a full DT member CCK
from 1st Sept 2020 -

DRAGONFLY DREAMS DT Member

Follow Me on Pinterest

FESTIVE BEAR

 Today I would like to share my latest festive card featuring a Penny Black Slapstick Stamp I only recently purchased this one it is another...

DT Member All Dressed Up

DT Member All Dressed Up
Sept 2021 - August 2022

Past DT Member

Past DT Member
Visit Store

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT

CHING-CHOU KUIK GDT
1st June - August 2020